Monday 1 March 2010

Disco Externo

Finally, the fruit of quite a few hours hard work – the cover of Baaba's new album Disco Externo. It all started, as it always does. Bartosz Weber – the brain behind Baaba – gave me a demo of his new record to get inspired and then come up with something adequate. Baaba's music is hard to put a finger on. It's innovative and surprising, experimental and a bit crazy.

Bartosz didn't have a title for the album so I came up with Disco Externo which is Portugese for external hard drive. One of my first drawings revolved around people with robot-like heads made from vintage tape recorders. This idea then grew into these surrealist bonsai tree mutants with hummingbirds circling around them. I think I had a dream about this...

Disco Externo will be released on the Lado ABC label on the 7th of April.

No comments: